MPI’s WHAT & WHY:
The Motion Palpation Institute strives:
- to create a culture and a community seeking clinical mastery
- to challenge the status quo of complacent, protocol driven technicians
- to help with developing mastery of hands and minds to better serve our patients and the world
- to inspire our students and doctors to serve and love their patients
- to leave the world and our profession in a better place than where we found it.
The Motion Palpation Institute Board of Directors
MPI is a nonprofit organization established in 1981 by Dr. Faye and Dr. Petersen to help doctors of chiropractic achieve clinical and financial success.
This purpose is achieved through MPI’s cutting edge postgraduate educational seminars.
MPI cosponsors, with chiropractic colleges, many educational seminars on a worldwide basis each year.
Motion palpation is a diagnostic technique used by the doctor of chiropractic to locate joint dysfunction within the spinal column and extremities. This technique quickly gained acceptance as a standard diagnostic tool for the chiropractic profession. The Motion Palpation Institute has set the standard for functional manual care. MPI continues to raise the bar for the modern chiropractor by infusing it’s classes with manual therapy techniques and assessment tools that are proven clinically effective. Motion palpation is now taught in chiropractic colleges throughout the world.
Read about the History and Development of the Motion Chiropractic Paradigm
by Gordon Stephenson, DC